Sunday, July 4, 2010

the leaf flew because of the wind or because the tree didn't ask it to stay?

i read this in http://burgerwithchilisauce.blogspot.com/ and then in grace's blog.  but in her blog, it was in Bahasa Indonesia. so i translated it to English so that you can all read it. enjoy :)


The Tree, The Leaf, and The Wind
"If you want love from someone, then show your love. Love doesn't need hesitation. Just show it!"

THE TREE

The reason why people call me "Tree" is because i'm so good at drawing trees. After that, I always draw a tree at the right side as a trademark for all of my paintings. I've been in a relationship with 5 girls when I was in high school.

There was a girl that I loved so much, but I didn't have the courage to tell it to her. She doesn't have a pretty face, a sexy body, etc, she really cares about other people and she's religious, but she's just a normal girl.

I liked her, liked her a lot. I liked her innocent style and I liked her just the way she is. I liked her independence, I liked her autonomy and her cleverness. The reason that i didn't ask her out was because I felt that she was so normal and unsuitable for me. I was also afraid, about us and all these beautiful feelings would disappear. I was also afraid if the gossips would hurt you. I felt that she was my "bestfriend" and I would have had her limitless and i wouldn't have to give everything just for her.

The last reason.. made her accompanied me in my scrimmage for these last 3 years. She knew I was chasing other girls, and I have made her cry for these 3 years.

She saw me when I was kissing my second girlfriend. Her face turned red and she just smiled and said, "Just continue what you're doing." and after that, she left us. The next day, her eyes were swelling. Her eyes were red. I deliberately didn't want to think the reason why she cried, but....
I laughed with her all day. When everyone was already going home, she would be alone in the class, crying. She didn't know that I returned from football practice to retrieve something in the class, and i saw her crying for hours.

My fourth girlfriend didn't like her. Once they had a cold war, I knew it wasn't her who started it. But I was still with my girlfriend. I screamed at her and her eyes were filled with tears and she was shocked. I didn't think about her feelings and my girlfriend and me left her. The next day, she was still laughing and joking with me like nothing happened the day before. I knew that she was very sad and dissapointed but she didn't know that my heart was hurt as much as hers, I was also sad.

When I broke up with my fifth girlfriend, I asked her to go out with me. After that date, I told her that there was something that I wanted to tell her. She told me that she had something to say to me too. I told her that I broke up with my girlfriend and she said to me that she was beginning a relationship with someone. I know who that was. 

He had been chasing her all this time. A nice, energetic, and interesting guy. I couldn't show how bad my heart was hurt. I could only smile and say congratulations to her. When I arrived home, my heart felt more pain than before and I couldn't take it anymore. It was like there was a big stone on my chest. I couldn't breath and I wanted to scream but I couldn't.

I started shedding tears and cried. I've seen her crying a lot for a guy that ignored her presence. At the graduation ceremony, I read a message on my handphone. The message was sent 10 days ago when I was sad and crying. The message said, "The Leaf flew because of the Wind or because the Tree didn't ask it to stay?"

THE LEAF

During high school, I liked collecting leaves, why? Because I felt that a leaf needed a lot of strength to leave the tree where it lived all this time.

For 3 years in high school, I was close to a guy, not as his girlfriend but as his "bestfriend". But when he had a girlfriend for the first time, I learned a feeling i never knew before - JEALOUSY. I could picture this feeling by using lemons. It was like 100 rotten lemons. They were together for 2 months. When they broke up, I hid my excitement. But a month later, he was already with another girl.

I liked him and I knew that he liked me too, but why didn't he say it? Since he loved me, why didn't he take the first step? When he had a new girlfriend again, my heart would always hurt. Time went on...and on, my heart was still hurt.

I started to think that this was an unrequited love, but why did he treat me nicely beside the fact that he just treated me as his friend?

Liking someone can be so irritating, I knew his favorites, his habits. But my feelings for him were never discovered. You wouldn't expect a girl to say it, right?

Besides, I wanted to stay by his side, care for him, accompany him, and love him. Hoping, that one day, he would come and love me. Those things like waiting for his calls. Every night, I hoped he would send me messages. I knew no matter how busy he was, he would spend some time for me. That was why I waited for him. 3 years were hard to get through and I wanted to give up.

Sometimes I thought I should still wait. The wound and the heartache, and the dilemma that accompanied me for these 3 years.

At the end of the third year, a guy was chasing me. He was my junior. Every day he would chase me tirelessly. From the rejections that I have shown him, I felt that I wanted to give him a little space in my heart.

He was like a warm and soft wind, trying to blow the leaf so that it would fly from the tree. Finally, I realized that I didn't want to give this Wind the little space in my heart. I knew this Wind would take away this shabby Leaf away to a better place. Finally, I left Tree, but Tree just smiled and didn't ask me to stay, I was so sad seeing him smiling at me.

"The Leaf flew because of the Wind or because the Tree didn't ask it to stay?"

THE WIND

Because I liked a girl named Leaf, because she was always relying on Tree, so I had to be the strong Wind.

Wind would fly the Leaf far away. When I met her for the first time, it was one month after I transferred school. I saw someone was watching us playing football. At that time, she would always sit there by herself or with her friends watching Tree. When Tree was talking to the girls, there was jealousy in her eyes. When Tree looked at Leaf, there was a smile in her eyes.

Watching her has become my habit, like a leaf that likes to watch the tree. One day, she didn't show up, I felt loss. My senior wasn't there too at that time. I went to their class and I saw my senior was watching Leaf. Tears were flowing from Leaf's eyes when Tree left. The next day, I saw Leaf at her usual place, watching Tree. I stepped across and smiled at her. I wrote a note and gave it to her. She was so shocked.

She looked at me, smiling and she took my note. The next day, she came, approached me and gave me a note. Leaf's heart was so strong and Wind couldn't blow her away, it was all because Leaf didn't want to leave Tree. I looked at her with those words and slowly she started to say to me and accept my presence and calls. I knew that the person that she loved wasn't me, but I would try so that one day she would like me.

For 4 months, I had spoken the word 'love' for about 20x to her. Every time she would switch the conversation.... but I didn't give up, I had decided to have her and hoped that she would agree to be my girlfriend.

I asked, "What are you doing? Why did you never reply?"

She said, "I looked up."

"What?" I didn't believe what I heard.

"I looked up!" She screamed.

I put my phone, got dressed and took a cab to her place, and she opened the door, and I hugged her tight.

The Leaf flew because of the Wind or because the Tree didn't ask it to stay?

No comments: